Our friends at Progressive Massachusetts are urging support for the following budget amendments:
Dear Senator Montigny,
I am writing to support budget amendments that support a strong Commonwealth. While the following budget amendments make a big difference in the short term, it is important for the Commonwealth to raise more revenue in the long term, including taxing the wealthiest in our state.
- Amendment 16, which expands the earned income tax credit
- Amendment 23, which increases badly needed revenue by eliminating a tax break for the mutual fund industry
- Amendment 75, which puts the recommendations of the Foundation Budget Review Commission into statute and pressures the Legislature into giving our schools the money they need
- Amendment 286, which increases the state match for the Community Preservation Act, including affordable housing and open space protection
- Amendment 389, which eliminates an outdated and punitive law that harms women with children who are receiving welfare assistance
- Amendment 507, which supports women’s health by increasing funding for family planning
- Amendments 641 and 645, which increase funding for housing vouchers and assistance for those experiencing homelessness
- Amendment 790, which increases funding for environmental protection
- Amendments 883, 896, and 906, which increase access to legal services and reentry services
- Amendment 1025, which strengthen regional infrastructure
Please support these line items.